The woman with two brains

As I write this blog I'm faced with a glaring dichotomy; I write about nutrition and healthy living AND most of my old recipes are NOT healthy. I've got chocolate and other goodies recipes, old-fashioned comfort food recipes, and a very few, what others would consider healthy recipes.

I'm not sure what to think of this dilemma. I know that cooking from scratch means that I've cut out all the food additives that have made my youngest daughter, Butterfly, ill in the past. They were probably what made my Only Son ill when he was a little boy. In fact, it was his illness that really started me on the whole "made from scratch" crusade I've been on for the last three decades.

So, as you read this blog, keep in mind that while the posts about nutrition and health are as up to date as possible, the recipes may be many decades old and reflect my Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde struggle with nutrition and tradition.

I hope you enjoy both the articles and the old-fashioned recipes. All are written with love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment