Pork Chop Suey recipe

I was going through my old recipes and came across this recipe. I used to make it frequently when the big kids were little. It's a delicious recipe. I used to grow the carrots and beans to put into this dish. I hate store bought green beans because they're so...not fresh. My not having a garden is the only reason I can think of for not making it recently. However, I have a garden now...

Pork Chop Suey

½ lb lean pork
1 sm can mushrooms or 4 dry mushrooms (soaked overnight)
1 medium carrot
¼ lb string beans
1 cup bamboo shoots
1 medium onion
¼ lb broccoli
½ cup green onions, sliced
2 stalks celery
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper

Thickener
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons sugar
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 cup water or stock

Marinade
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon ginger, cut into fine strips

Cut pork into strips and soak in the marinade. Cut all vegetables into strips. Pan-fry each vegetable separately until tender crisp. Salt & pepper to taste as you fry them. Set aside.

Heat a large saucepan. Add 2 Tablespoons oil and the garlic. Add pork strips and cook until the pork is well done. Add the fried vegetables. Add the thickener and bring to a boil. Serve over rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment