Brain freeze

As you can tell from all the recipes that I've posted, I'm suffering from writer's block (and maybe brain fog from not enough sleep). Isn't it ironic that I'm too tired to think and write about insomnia because I've stayed up too late again?

It's a little past 2:00 a.m. and I'm a little melancholy because my baby became a teenager today. I've enjoyed raising my children but they aren't young kids anymore. Eldest Child is thirty, Only Son is twenty-seven, and Second Daughter is twenty-four. Butterfly has been the only child at home for quite a while now. I raised the the older kids to be independent, questing, hard-working, always learning people, and by golly, they are. So why do I feel a little adrift?

It seems so strange that my children are growing older while I still feel twenty-six inside. How in the world is that possible? Obviously, the mirror tells me that's not a twenty-six year old in the reflection but I think the mirror is lying.

I'm rambling. Maybe my brain will function again once I've gotten some sleep.

I certainly hope so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment