Tuna Zucchini Cakes recipe

Yep, I went in for the TB check - the woman ran her hand over my arm and announced in a loud voice, "Good, you're clean!". I wasn't sure if she meant I was clear of TB or intravenous drugs. Honestly.

To celebrate, we ate Tuna Zucchini Cakes. They're easy AND tasty AND cheap.

Tuna Zucchini Cakes

1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter
1 can (6-1/2 ounces)light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
1 cup shredded zucchini
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
2 tablespoons canola oil

In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Add the tuna, zucchini, eggs, parsley, lemon juice, seasonings and 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Stir until well combined Shape into six 1/2-inch thick patties; coat with remaining bread crumbs.

In a large skillet, heat oil. Cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

Yield: 3 servings

TasteofHome special Issue dinner on a Dime 2010
Billie Blanton / Kingsport, Tennessee

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The news that you do not have TB is wonderful, and I am greatful for it.

Anonymous said...

I hardly leave a response, however i did some searching and wound
up here "Tuna Zucchini Cakes recipe". And I actually do have 2 questions for you if it's allright. Is it just me or does it give the impression like a few of the responses appear like left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing on other online social sites, I'd like to follow everything new you have to post. Would you list of the complete urls of your communal pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?
Here is my website - kidney problems symptoms

Edda Mome said...

Hello Anonymous,
I think it's terrific that folks find my blog interesting although helpful is even better. Some comments are funny, some ask for help, some try to help me make the blog better. I appreciate them all.
I rarely use Facebook because I find it far too addictive. Same problem with the other social networks. So you'll just find me here at Mother Nature Says.
I really appreciate you wanting to read more of my writing. Thanks!

Post a Comment