Concentrating on not thinking ...

Today I started training as a merchandiser. Don't ask me what my job entails - it's a lot and I don't know enough to know what I will end up doing.  Did that make any sense? Anyway, it kept me busy - so busy that I didn't even think about medical things. My boss is terrific - funny, compassionate, and a good trainer.  I am grateful for the opportunity to earn while I work hard to do a good job. I'm also grateful to have something to take my mind off of what lies ahead.

So many people have advised me to start doing nice things for myself.  That's such a foreign idea.  I've spent my entire life caring for other people - my siblings when I was young, my children and husband(s) as a young adult, my children as a single mother, and now my mother.  I don't know how to nurture myself.  I'm having trouble even imagining what that looks like.  This is going to take some serious and maybe creative thought.

How does the caretaker care for herself?

2 comments:

Maile said...

A hot bath once in a while? Even if it means eating pancakes for dinner instead of something more elaborate. Headphones and good music while painting or knitting or creating something, anything for an hour? I don't know...but you need to find something.

Edda Mome said...

I'd LOVE a hot bath! Unfortunately, my tiny house only has a very tiny shower. So, unless I go to some benevolent person's house and bathe in their tub, baths are out.

I'm working on coming up with something to pamper myself with. It's harder to think up something than I thought it would be. LOL

Post a Comment