The anti-cancer diet food list

I've been interested in nutrition since my now 28 year old son was 6. Back then Son became allergic to an incredible number of different foods. After 6 months of working with a doctor specializing in alternative medicine, using sub-lingual drops to desensitize him, modifying Son's diet, and reading everything I could get my hands on about nutrition, we were able to successfully reintroduce normal foods back into his life.  His illness was a life-changing event for all of us. So researching foods that are anti-cancer is a no-brainer.

Here's an interesting article at AskDrSears.com about an Anti-Cancer diet.  I've taken the top anti-cancer foods list from their site to list here:

Anti-cancer vegetables:

  • broccoli
  • brussel sprouts
  • cabbage
  • carrots
  • cauliflower
  • eggplant
  • green beans
  • kale
  • onions (red)
  • peppers
  • radishes
  • soy
  • squash
  • sweet potatoes
  • tomatoes
  • yams
Anti-cancer fruits:
  • apricots
  • blueberries
  • grapefruit
  • grapes
  • lemons
  • mangoes
  • oranges
  • papayas
  • peaches
  • persimmons
  • strawberries, organic
  • tangerines 
I'm going to add recipes to this blog as I include them in our family meals.  I've known that I've needed to increase the number of vegetables and fruits in our daily diet but haven't taken the necessary time and effort to get them included.  It's so much easier to eat pre-prepared stuff or eat at fast "food" establishments but if Mama is going to join our household I need to get a good grip on a healthy diet both for her and for my young daughter, Butterfly, and me.

I really want to make us all healthier and tasty, nourishing food is a good place to start.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

while anti-oxidants are important for trying to avoid cancer, peanut butter and high protein foods are good for folks who are dealing with the treatment of cancer. I have known many people who have suffered from this miserable disease. high protein has been on all their diets. just a thought. I'm really sorry you are having to deal with all this.

Vitamins Canada said...

Thanks for the list. Most of those food contain rich amounts of antioxidants that can definitely help cure cancer.

Post a Comment