On the Job Training

I learn something new every day at the survey shop. Most of it is learned via the "Get it Wrong First" method.  That's where you make a mistake that you don't know you made and then are told how to do it the correct way. There's a lot of that going on at the shop.

Today I learned the difference between a Refusal and a Hard Refusal.  A (simple) refusal is when the person at the other end of the line either hangs up when contacted or says that they don't want to participate.  A hard refusal is when the other person swears at you or makes threats and THEN hangs up. I certainly hope management pulls the phone numbers of the hard refusals so we don't continue calling them, but you never know...

I also learned that I am only scheduled for eighteen hours of work next week even though this is supposed to be a full-time job.  Apparently there's not enough work for the number of people they hired.  Seems that due to the large turnover rate, they have to hire too many people in order to have enough interviewers. (That was the other thing I learned yesterday - my title is Interviewer.) I just have to hang on long enough for the substitute teaching job to come through.

I DID get my fingerprints taken, finally, for substitute teaching.  I still have to take them my certified copy of college transcripts, but aside from that, I should be good to go very soon.  It would be nice to make enough money from just one job to live on.

Hopefully, one day soon I'll get out of poverty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment