I Didn't Get the Job

I received the call late this afternoon thanking me for my application but they'd received several highly qualified applicants for the job and they'd decided on one of the other applicants.  This was for the position of Receptionist at the YMCA.

I guess it's a sign of the economic downturn that so many over-qualified people applied for a job that pays $7.95 per hour. I KNOW I am way over-qualified for a receptionist position so that just tells me that someone even MORE over-qualified than I got this job.

SO...tomorrow I start packing to leave for Utah.  I don't know how in the world I'll come up with the money for the move but it will come about.

Let's see, sell my car, sell my books, sell everything I can. Perhaps I'll come up with enough to get us back.

I'll either have to put Odin down or find a home for an ailing dog.    This is so much sadder than I thought possible.

Well, I tried...

0 comments:

Post a Comment