Is the Universe Trying to Tell Me Something?

I'm still trying to get employed since today is actually the last day of my drop dead date for giving up.

I called the manager in charge of cashiers at the commissary to see if I could get an edge in there.  I was told that I needed to apply online (I already have) and that I would be called by someone on the mainland if they thought I was qualified. --major sigh--

I called the school district to see where my application was in the processing line.  I was told that it would be either a few days or a few weeks before they got to it then I'll be called for fingerprinting.  I asked how long it would be between fingerprinting and working and was told several days to several months depending on whether the system was on line or if there were problems with my application.

I then called the high school asking if they could get my application bumped up in line.  After being told that they'd look into it and call me back - there's no call back.  --another sigh--

Why am I not getting employed? Am I NOT supposed to be in Hawaii?

Back to craigslist. (BTW, I am advertising my Ginger Banana Chutney for sale on craigslist.  Perhaps I can sell some of the stuff I've made.) I now have an interview with an employment agency for a clerical position and call center rep on Monday and an interview for a phone operator position on Tuesday.

So why am I still looking for employment when I said I would give up and go to Utah? Because Second Daughter won't be moving into a 3-bedroom apartment until the end of the semester in December.  I can still find some kind of employment, right?

Okay, I have a little more time.  I don't have to give up yet...

0 comments:

Post a Comment