End of the First Week of Work

Well, it's technically only been a half week, but you know what I meant...

Doing phone surveys is a test of self control.
You control your feelings: rejection is not personal.
You control your impulses: you only THINK, "No sir, I'm not calling to torment and bedevil you, that's your wife's job."
You control your body: "This chair is SOOOO uncomfortable that I'm killing the nerve endings in my rear!"
You control your thoughts: "My brain is turning to jelly with each nanosecond I spend listening to answering machine messages and fax tones."
You channel your imagination: "Where can I find another job that will pay me at least this amount AND allow me to enjoy what I'm doing?"
You control your desires: "I'm staying in this chair and doing my job no matter how much I want to run screaming out of the room."

One of the best rejections I got today was growled along these lines: "Eh, you call dis numbah again, I going..." then he hung up. For your edification: If you want to be removed from a survey company's database you have to SAY, "Remove my number from your list." Otherwise, the company will just call you back another day. So that "gentleman" will continue to receive phone calls from our company no matter how much it irritates him.

Yesterday I got a call from the school district and I now have an appointment to get fingerprinted on Thursday, the 28th at 2:30. This glacier is moving.  One day I'll be able to substitute teach.

I am now going to be doing stocking at Hickham commissary. I'll have more lines to do. That will hopefully translate into more money.

So things are looking up.

This weekend Butterfly is off at YMCA camp. Yea! Hurray! I get the bed all to myself. I dearly love this kid but she kicks me every night and totally destroys the bed. She is such a tumultuous sleeper. This weekend she can destroy a bed somewhere else and I can stretch out knowing I won't get kicked. Life is good!

So, I have a free weekend (no main job on weekends and I decided to allow things to pile up a little at the commissary) and have no money to go do something fun. I guess I'll cook all weekend and stick everything in the freezer to tide us over during the coming week. That'll work.

I'm going to sleep in tomorrow morning. What a glorious idea!

0 comments:

Post a Comment