I've Got a Job!!!

Craigslist came through for me - I've gotten employed! I'll be doing phone surveys for a marketing company on Fort Street Mall. The remainder of this week I'll just be working from 8 a.m. to noon but I'll begin full-time starting Monday. The pay is a little above minimum but that's way more than I'm earning as a stocker. If I do well during these first few weeks I can be put on the more exacting health surveys that pay $10 per hour.

There's no affordable parking on Fort Street Mall so I'll be taking the bus into town and back. When I find another part-time evening job I'll need to have my car available, but for now I'll just cope with public transportation.

Funny how the mind works: I don't start work until tomorrow morning, but I'm already figuring out how I can manage finances so I can begin to pay people back. It's going to be a while before I become debt-free again but I'm determined to get there as fast as possible.

The real question is this: Now that I have employment, should I stay in Hawaii and pay off my debts or do I earn enough to move everything back to the mainland and get another job there to pay off my debts? Both have merits. I'd love to be close to my grown children and grandchildren AND I want to stay here.

Hmmm, I've gotta think about this.

In the meantime; thank you to all of you who have prayed for our well-being and have wished decent employment for me. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I wish all of you good fortune, prosperity, health and love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment