Juice Fast - Day 5

Another day of waking up and feeling good.  Even if nothing else occurs because of this fast, the waking up and feeling good part is worth all the food obsessing.  I'm hoping that soon I'll wake up feeling energized, too.

I'm still having insomnia difficulties, though. I tossed and turned last night and finally got up to lie on the couch with my legs propped up. I think the long walk yesterday may have had something to do with it.  On the other hand, neither my legs nor feet hurt this morning AND I feel good.  Good, good, good.

BREAKFAST
1 orange, 1 yellow delicious apple, 1 mango, 7 mountain apples, 1 banana, 1 handful of frozen cranberries, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, several heavy shakes cinnamon.  This smoothie was pretty pink and delicious.  Butterfly even helped herself to a large glass while saying, "Mom, I think you finally got the hang of it."  After drinking two glasses she graciously added, "You can have the rest."

The family has eaten most of the leftovers, so today I'll make Chinese Meat and Vegetable Buns for them. Braised bok choy and fried rice will be the rest of the meal.

LUNCH
3 small carrots, 3 pieces of broccoli, 1 stalk celery, 1 yellow delicious apple, 1 knob of ginger, 1 clove garlic, heavy sprinkling of pepper, multiple shakes of Tabasco sauce. I thought it was drinkable. Butterfly, on the other hand made a horrible face and said she was making saimin for lunch. I think the drink would have been better had I used kale instead of apple. The carrots were already sweet enough. Adding the apple made the drink overly sweet for the small amount of veggies and the garlic.  Next time.

I spent 3 hours in the kitchen making dinner for the family tonight.  It smelled wonderful.  I've gotta admit that I was feeling like a martyr as I watched the family eat and tell me it tasted great.  Since we had to go to the grocery store to buy food supplies for Butterfly's camping trip next week, I bought myself dinner; 2 small bottles of Odwalla Superfood.  It was very green and delicious.

Normally, spending several hours on my feet would make my feet and legs ache horribly.  Tonight they don't hurt at all.  I'm so jazzed.  Even though food still smells wonderful I most certainly am NOT giving up this fast until it's over, whether that's at day 10 or day 30 (I haven't decided yet). I'm feeling great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment