Juice Fast - Day 4

Wow! I woke up feeling good today!  That hasn't happened in a long time! I've also lost another pound.  That makes 4 pounds in 4 days.  Pretty cool!

BREAKFAST
1 yellow delicious apple, 1 banana, 2 mangoes, 5 mountain apples, 1/2 orange, 1 small handful alfalfa sprouts, a heavy shake of cinnamon, a small shake of nutmeg, a dash of cloves.  Pretty tasty.  The sprouts are an assertive presence.  Perhaps tomorrow I'm make a fruit-only drink for breakfast so I can really taste the fruit.

I just read an article in Science Daily about ursolic acid in apple peels protecting against obesity.  It appears to increase muscle mass and strength and increase brown fat cells so that more calories are burned.  The article also states that the apple peel's ursolic acid "reduced obesity, pre-diabetes and fatty liver disease". Of course, this study was done on mice but it gives me another good reason to include apples in our diets even though most are imported from the mainland.  On the other hand, the Environmental Working Group also names apples as the most pesticide-laden produce item in the grocery. Looks like only organic apples will be on my shopping list from now on.

LUNCH
After 3 glasses of breakfast I still had more shake (I didn't strain this morning's juice).  I've been craving fat so I dumped a handful of cashews into the blender with the leftover shake and reblended it.  Yummy and just what I wanted but it's incredibly filling.  It appears that nuts are legal additions in juice fasting as long as I don't go overboard.

Butterfly and I walked down into lower Wahiawa so she could get a TB test.  She wants to volunteer at the local hospital and the test is one of the requirements.  We walked a total of 6 miles; 3 down and 3 back. I'm pooped. It's now time to put my legs up for a while.  We get to repeat this process on Wednesday when the TB test spot needs to be read.

DINNER
Family is still consuming leftovers.  It's a good thing because I sure want to eat what they're eating...
Very funny!
I'm drinking: 2 tomatoes, 2 stalks kale, 2 carrots, 1/2 green pepper, 2 small pieces broccoli, 1 small wedge onion, 1 yellow delicious apple, 1 clove garlic, 1 chunk of ginger, 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, a heavy sprinkle of cumin, 1/8 teaspoon turmeric, a heavy sprinkle of pepper, and quite a few shakes of Tabasco sauce.  Family deemed it "weird tasting".  I thought it quite good.  I drank 2 tablespoons of vinegar to top it all off.

The craving for chewable food isn't subsiding but maybe not all-consuming.  That's a good sign. I don't know that the craving will completely disappear but at least it isn't constant anymore.  I'm thinking the remaining days will continue to get better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment