Blog Surfing

Writing Mother Nature Says has given me a new past-time: blog surfing. Just as far too many men channel surf through their hand-held remote control devices, I've taken up surfing through the network of links on other people's blogs.

I regularly read Funny About Money. Surfing through her links brought me to Financial Samurai's article, "How To Get Your Super Motivated Boyfriend to Marry You". It's a soul-baring, testosterone-laden explanation of how a young male achiever thinks about goals, ego, and women. Had I read this article when I was in my twenties, I'd have gone ballistic on what I'd have perceived as a self-centered rant on the many trials of a privileged male. My view from three decades of growing up is considerably more tolerant - I think the article is funny. The post made me so glad I'm no longer that young.

Next blog that caught my interest was from Little House in the Valley's post on "The Young and the Homeless". Since I'm on the edge of not being able to live indoors now and have found myself three days from homelessness in the past (ten years ago - interesting how bad fashions seem to recycle themselves), this post was pretty sobering.

Next interest-grabber is The Boxcar Kid's Blog. This chronicles the lives of an unemployed single mother and her children living in a tiny travel trailer in a child-unfriendly environment. Goodness, at least I'm in a small house with a yard. Her blog is one that I've subscribed to and want to keep up with.

Finally, Budgets Are Sexy has a new Million Dollar Club that I'm considering joining. Yeah, right, you might say considering how underemployed I currently am, but I AM going to become financially successful. Multiple income streams are part of the plan, along with starting a new company, Shelf Elves. More on that later.

For now, I need to work on my business plan to get it into better shape.

As my granddaughter says, "Bye-bye. Hugs and kisses!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment