Work's Ups and Downs

I got to work as an election official today. 13 1/2 hours worth of work at the polling place. It was a satisfying feeling as I helped people vote. AND I got paid a bit. It works out to $6.95/hr but that's so much more than I earn at the stocking job.

Speaking of the stocking job, I am no longer a stocker. I was told that I HAVE to work EVERY day without exception. I told my boss that I CAN'T AFFORD to drive in to work seven days a week. It costs $25 per week for gas to drive in. I got paid $174 for the last two weeks of work (that's about 40 hours of work). That equals $4.35/hr (I made more this past week!) Let's subtract the gas money: $174 - $50 = $124. $124/40hrs = $3.10 per hr. $124 for two weeks of work is NOT enough to pay bills like rent or electricity or water or ISP or phone or food. Well, I take it back; I could pay my phone bill and a bit of food, OR my ISP and a bit of food, but NOT ISP AND phone OR any of the other bills.

SO. I am being replaced at Hickham.

Well. Now I have more time to look for other work. Thursday I'll apply for welfare and food stamps. I've tried so very hard to avoid doing that, but I really have no other options available to me right now. Perhaps the extra help will allow me to keep us living indoors.

Perhaps sleeping will allow me to rest my brain enough that I can come up with some idea that will result in gainful employment.

Must rest brain. Must have light bulb go off in brain. Must make enough money to live on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment