Job Hunting (again)


Today I simply couldn't face going in to work at the survey shop only to (almost assuredly) be sent home early; so I quit. I felt soooo relieved afterward that I THINK it was the right decision.

I spent the day job-hunting; dropping off an application here in town, driving to Waikele (Waipahu) to apply at several places there, and then driving to Ala Moana.

So here's where I've applied today:

McDonald's in Wahiawa
Lowe's, Borders, and Chili's in Waikele
Maui Divers, Macy's, Brighton Collectibles, William-Sonoma, and Barnes and Noble at Ala Moana.

That makes nine applications today.

I also stopped in at Martin & MacArthur to admire the beautiful koa wood furniture, accessories and art. A lovely sales clerk named Kanoe answered my questions about lamps. One thing led to another and soon she was giving me advice and phone numbers to call to ask about employment. Her funniest comment: "Tell her, her mother sent you."

Kanoe also suggested calling the Women's Correctional Center to offer to do volunteer work with my hypnotherapy. The idea is that the prison population really needs therapeutic help and I could get my foot in the door for future pay. I just looked up the location - Kailua. That's about a two hour drive from Wahiawa! Oh my, how could I swing that? Maybe one day a week? I'll call on Monday to inquire.

I'm grateful to everyone who's been so willing to help me. Thank you, guys!

Please cross your fingers for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment