The Road to Happiness

I have a lot of blog postings, advertisements, quotes, and the like coming into my email inbox every day. I'm becoming disillusioned with the so-called encouragement messages on "How to Avoid Stress", "Make 1000s Weekly Online", "You've Been Selected", "Changing Your Life is as Easy as Breathing" and on and on ad nauseum. ALL of them involve spending my money to purchase something that will make THEIR lives better!

There's a sucker born every minute!
Yes, I realize that I'm SUPPOSED to look at them as services that I'd pay for to enhance my life, but I'm feeling really jaded right now about all the ads. They all boil down to requests for money. For money I don't have.

So many of these ads state that they'll help me make a fortune if I purchase their scheme for ONLY a small amount of money. Then when I look further into the mail, the initial small amount has much, much larger amounts piggy-backed on for enhanced services that will make it easier for me to accrue those fortunes. Seems to me that the only people making the fortunes are the ones selling the services.

I hit upon an interesting discovery last week. I'd purchased a chocolate candy bar and left it in my bag as I worked at the commissary. I found that the other candies weren't interesting because I already had candy that I could eat anytime I felt like it. It made me realize that I stop desiring things when I feel like I have enough. Funny how the "I have what I want" feeling translates to "I have enough" and "I have everything I need".  I want to get to the point where I feel like I have "enough" in my life and these silly advertisements are simply adding to my frustrations.

Prosperity is right around the bend
I'm sure those ads appeal to many people. They just irritate me so I'm apparently the wrong audience. Cure: unsubscribe to ALL of them.  I've done this in the past and somehow they've proliferated again.

I think the cure for the "wanting" that I have is making enough money to live comfortably. A friend has said that he's positive that everything I've ever wanted is right around the bend. Nice thought that I'm  hanging on to. In the meantime, I'm attracting hypnotherapy clients. Yea!  It's a start!

2 comments:

Maile said...

I am wishing you everything you ever wanted, right around the bend. May you get to that bend quickly.

Edda Mome said...

Thank you, Maile, for your warm wishes! I'm hoping to get around the bend soon (rather than feeling bent so frequently.)

I wish you joy, prosperity and unending success in all you do!

Post a Comment