Needing Validation

Installed Saab clutch
What's with all the problems with my clutch? My car went into the shop exactly three weeks ago with a dead clutch. I got the news tonight that the newly installed clutch is "dragging" and is "not right". Aaaarrrggg!!!!!

An after-market clutch had been installed. I have no problem with after-market car parts; they save money and normally work just fine. This time though...

Apparently, my '96 Saab can have one of two different clutches, depending on the engine number. One of those clutches is here on the island, the other has to be ordered from the mainland. IF the on-island clutch is the correct one, then I MIGHT get my car back tomorrow. If it has to be ordered from the mainland, it'll be ANOTHER week before I get it back.

Well, I'll get it back if the flywheel isn't causing the dragging. It looks like my flywheel had suffered heat damage from the previous owner's bad driving habits of peeling out from a dead stop and who knows what other horrors he performed on my poor Gwen. Normally only minuscule shaving has to be done to recondition the flywheel, but in this case, because of the pitting from the heat damage, much deeper shaving had to be done. There's the possibility that I'll need another flywheel... That means more time, more money, more delays. Aaarrrggg!!!

Only Son and daughter-in-law are on island right now visiting prior to their friend's wedding. I WAS going to let them use my car while here but I have to have a working car in my possession first.

I called Oldest Daughter to cry on her shoulder. She listened sympathetically, tut-tutted and said all the right words. I just needed some validation of my frustrations to start feeling better.

We all need validation of our feelings. This video is one of the best one's out there that shows the importance of validation in our lives. I hope you enjoy it.

Oh, and wish me luck in quickly resolving the car issues.

0 comments:

Post a Comment