Algebra

Sometime either tonight, Wednesday or next Monday I'll be presenting my 15 minute algebra lesson to my classmates in my Substitute Teaching Certification class. I'm just a little nervous even though the lesson is ready. I'll be teaching the 8 Properties of Algebra. I'll bet most people that HAVE taken an algebra class don't remember them. I sure had trouble keeping them straight when I had the class all those many years ago. So I'm teaching it tonight in a way to help make them easy to remember.

Did you know that there's actually algebra humor?

"As long as algebra is taught in school, there will be prayer in school. " -- Cokie Roberts

New York (CNN). At John F. Kennedy International Airport today, a Caucasian male (later discovered to be a high school mathematics teacher) was arrested trying to board a flight while in possession of a compass, a protractor and a graphical calculator.
According to law enforcement officials, he is believed to have ties to the Al-Gebra network. He will be charged with carrying weapons of math instruction.

Commutative Property gone astray:
Teacher: “Who can tell me what 7 times 6 is?”
Student: “It is 42!”
Teacher: “Very good – And who can tell me what 6 times 7 is?”
Same student: “It’s 24!”

Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute humor. I like the math terrorism angle (so many are terrorized by math!)

Post a Comment