Back from the financially dead

My goodness how I've neglected this blog!  So much has happened over the past (almost) year that it's a tad difficult to sum it all up in any sort of coherent manner, but here goes:

1. Mama was hospitalized for acute pneumonia in March and never went home.  She passed away at the end of April.
2. Younger sister planned and executed the funeral and scattering of the ashes.  She did a fabulous job - both ceremonies were lovely.
3.  When summer vacation came along with no substitute teaching income, I was not able to find another job to make up the difference.  Butterfly and I were on the verge of eviction. We were saved at the last minute by the incredible kindness of a friend in the form of a loan.
4.  School is back in session. I'm subbing, working at McDonald's, and am looking for another part-time job to fill in the gaps.
5.  I have a garden and am canning everything I can get my hands on.

I think that pretty much covers everything.  Now it's time to begin writing for real again.

Thank you everyone for continuing to check in on us.  I appreciate your support and love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment