2011 Resolutions

Here it is, the last week of the month and January is almost over. If the speed these few weeks have passed by is any indication, then this year is going to evaporate in a blur.

Most people make their resolutions on New Year's Day and allow them to fall to the wayside shortly thereafter. I made my own resolutions during the last week of December and am still working on them. I have a funny way of looking at resolutions that make it easier for me to keep them throughout the year.  I don't sweat it if I have failed to keep them, I just start over every day. Some days I'm really diligent and others I'm rather slothful, but it doesn't matter; I just start over again the next day. It's a method that works fairly well for me and has allowed me to accomplish more than I think I would have otherwise.

I came across a list of ways to become a better person that I'm incorporating into my life this year.  Some of these items are much harder for me than others. That's a good thing. It gives me a chance to do well on at least a few items as I work on the ones I have more difficulty with.  I hope you find it as useful as I did.

Becoming A Better Person
by Michael Masterson

Becoming a better person starts with trying to make 
the people in your immediate family happier.
  • Pay less attention to yourself and more attention to other people
  • Focus on opportunities, not problems
  • Listen first, talk later
  • Criticize only when your criticism is helpful
  • Never speak badly about anyone
  • Never complain about anything
  • Perform an act of kindness every day

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I owe you an apology. I was out of line with my comments Sunday night. I hope you are able to practice all of the guidelines for becoming a better person not only in 2011 but for the rest of your life. I also hope that things get better for you in Hawaii. I think that being a better person is rewarded with like blessings that may include a less stressful life.

Post a Comment