Sautéed Kale Recipe

Sautéed Kale
Some days I just need meals that are really quick to make. I rarely cook anything right out of a can or box, so on days where I'm pressed for time I reach for my "almost instant" recipes.  Sautéed kale fits the bill 'to a T'!

This is an incredibly easy recipe to make.  Butterfly LOVES it and will eat almost an entire bunch of kale.  She doesn't eat it all simply because I make her share. :-)

1 large bunch of kale
1/4 cup hulled sunflower seeds
3 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste

Slice kale into sections (very roughly 2" squares), discard the tough end pieces of stalk.

Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat; add sunflower seeds.  Sauté for about 1 minute.  Add kale pieces; sauté until wilted.  Pour sesame oil over the kale and mix in. Salt and pepper to taste.

That's it!  Kale is very healthy for  you and tasty to boot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment