After such a long spell of unemployment I now find myself with three jobs. I'm so grateful!

Substitute teaching has finally come to pass.  I've already worked as a sub two days in a row.  I've even gotten to teach at Leilehua - it's close enough to walk to school! There's a good possibility of working every day substitute teaching.

I have a part-time job at the new McDonalds in Mililani.  It's still being built so I get to train at other local McDonalds.  I've been thoroughly amazed at how friendly the management and crews have been.  Although I never imagined I'd find myself working at a fast-food restaurant, I'm grateful for the ability to obtain medical/dental/vision benefits for my daughter and myself. I'm also grateful for the flexibility of work hours that they've been willing to provide so that I can accommodate three jobs.

My third, and newest job is working as a cashier for Williams-Sonoma at Ala Moana.  This job is like working in a candy store - I thoroughly lust after all the fabulous kitchen things.  I'm going to have to use extreme discipline so I can go home with paycheck intact.

So how will I juggle all three jobs? Only through the gracious flexibility of my employers.  I'll work M-F until 3:30 as a substitute teacher; evenings after 5 at McDonalds; and weekends, school holidays, and the-weekdays-that-I-don't-have-substitute-teaching-assignments at Williams-Sonoma.  I'll be very busy, but the funny thing is that I seem to get more accomplished when I'm super busy.

I'm so incredibly grateful for the opportunity to earn a living to support Butterfly and myself.  Hopefully, I will soon be out of debt and be able to start saving for a home of our own.

Thank you, thank you!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment